The Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Order

Just a forum between friends for DnD.

+2
Nvk
daav43
6 posters

Act 1.1: New Horizons

Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Act 1.1: New Horizons Empty Act 1.1: New Horizons

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:01 pm

A few people have left of their own accord, but your group is the biggest to leave together so far. Few are glad you’re leaving, most feeling a sense of envy or sadness at your departure. Regardless, the seven  of you have met up at the outskirts of the Ark to discuss your next and first course of action. The Ark’s inhabitants have rounded up light horses for the seven of you, enough to travel around faster in this new frontier. They’ve also taken some of the stored food to give each of you 14 days worth of rations (19lbs). You all recall that two men who left and came back told the village of another town northeast of here, about a week away. Looking at each other, it’s now time to discuss your plans, and begin your story.

Characters      

Camdura (David)                

Darkseid (Brandon)            Dead - Hit 0 Con due to Vampiric Mists
    Dot (Solon)                         Dead - Bled out due to bleed damage imposed by Vampiric Mists
    Xannihr (Brandon)              Dead - Showed his true form in the middle of town, and died to a pit battle against an Infernal Wolf.
    Talon (Brandon)                  Dead - Killed by Tenebrous Worm due to egg implantation.
    Alenvander (Rylan)              Dead - Killed by Tenebrous Worm due to egg implantation.
    Nobody (Solon)                    Dead - Killed by Tenebrous Worm due to egg implantation.
    Ace (Slick)                            Dead - Killed by Tenebrous Worm due to egg implantation.

Last edited by Acedia on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 56 times in total
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Act 1.1: New Horizons Empty Re: Act 1.1: New Horizons

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Dot says to the others, "That town sounds as good a place as any to get our bearings in this world. I vote we go there. It wouldn't do to go dying on everyone who so kindly gave provisions to us."
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Alenvander says, "I agree with Dot." However, he is a little put off about how grim he is speaking.
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:12 pm

"That's a first. Maybe this adventure will turn out pretty well after all!"
    Nvk
    Nvk

Post by Nvk Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Ace says, "Well then lets go."
    Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:25 pm

With no dissenting opinions, the party moves to the described location with no apparent trouble. Although howls could be heard on some nights of the journey, no attacks were to be had. On them morning of reaching the town, however, you count yourselves one member short,m only a note left in his place stating how he wishes to travel alone. Despite such a setback, you travel on a few more miles and spot a town in the distance, people bustling about as you assume per the usual.
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:35 pm

Our people have already ventured here. We should pick up supplies and ask what other places there are to travel to.
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm already well-stocked (shows my cache of lovely wonder-meal), so I'm going to try to learn more about this town and the world around us.

I flag down a local and ask who's in charge of this town.

I also note points of interest.
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:40 pm

I look into my pack. How many days of rations did I consume on our journey? 7?
    Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Looking around town before trying to find a local, you see towards the left an area filled with market stalls and stores, the obvious commercial center of this place. Near the outskirts of town you can see caravans conglomerating to travel the roads in safety to various locations. A man yells out locations and lot numbers, so like location can travel together.

Ignoring this, you flag down a relatively amiable looking man, who nods his head before replying, "Not surprised you've never been to Eastborn, what with those supposed 'kingdoms' taking up most of the interest. You can find the Chief's residence over in the center of town. He's pretty knowledgeable compared to most of us, since he used to be an adventurer before settling down here."

Alenvander notices that he consumed six days worth of rations, arriving to Eastborn on the morning of seventh day of travel.
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm

I thank the man for the information.

I ask if any of the rest of my party wants to go to the Chief's residence with me.
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:53 pm

I would like to go to the chief's residence. After do you want to go to this town's tavern and pick up a real meal?
    Nvk
    Nvk

Post by Nvk Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes, i would like that very much.
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:58 pm

That sounds grand. I'd be glad to.

Let's go Very Happy
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Wait, is that a yes to going to the chief or the tavern? Or both?
    Nvk
    Nvk

Post by Nvk Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:05 pm

"Both."
    orbfire1
    orbfire1

Post by orbfire1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:20 pm

"Let us go to the chief"
    Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:21 pm

You head to the Chief's residence without incident, ignoring the vendors trying to sell you their wares. You wait a bit outside the house, but after about five minutes you're let in without any trouble. The chief is a middle aged half-elf wearing simple tunic with a short sword lazily hung about his waist. Oddly, the Chief appears to be at complete ease with five random strangers in his house.

"So what is it the five of you need from me? Don't suppose you came to my place without a reason."

Last edited by Acedia on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:25 pm

[I let Solon speak first, it was his idea.]
    BaronVonPoopenstein
    BaronVonPoopenstein

Post by BaronVonPoopenstein Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:27 pm

"Hello! We're newcomers to this land, and we were wondering what you could tell us about this village and the world beyond."
    Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:51 pm

The Chief smiles warmly, before replying. "I did my own bit of adventuring, so I can try to give you some pointers. Our continent in terms of land mass is large, relative to the others. There's about eight or so major continents from what I've gathered, none of which seem to have people native from this world. In other words, as you may have experienced, others face the dilemma of being ripped from another place of existence and plopped here. But enough of that rambling, let's move on to the continents.

There's our continent, of course. There's a few dotted villages, some ruins of villages, four major powers, and a fuck ton of trees in between. Up north is the humans' so called kingdom. It's really just a grand city, they don't seem to actually own any territory. Far better than something like this town, so what can you do. To the northwest lies a Dwarven stronghold, and to the far west lies an Elven stronghold. And to the south is another city, no particular allegiance but it's not the most, uh, lawful place in the world.

To the east lies two mini continents side by side, one filled with snow and the other in normal conditions. The snow fucks are batshit insane, constantly raiding the other continent, and the other continent is crazier, more focused on honing their martial prwoess than defending their own borders. Yeah don't ask me.

Go a little south and there's an inner ring that's between and connected to all continents, rife with undead. We got lucky, we just have to deal with a necromancer stronghold. Not the most pleasant place, but they at least are willing to negotiate. There's three other powers on this ring, one for vampires and one for ghosts. They haven't stirred up trouble and we don't trouble them. Never been to last power myself, and neither has anyone I've met.

The maps will show it as south, but from our continent you just go north a but and you hit this huge expanse of land, comparative to our own. Lots of resources there, but for whatever reason they inhabitants settle in tribes of constant war, so it's a huge no go zone for the other continents' major players.

And on the maps southwest is a real fucking shit show. Whatever did all of this must have had a sense of humor, as it straight up ripped land from demons, angels, and devils. You can imagine how that went.

Any other questions? It's nice looking back on my younger years."
    Nvk
    Nvk

Post by Nvk Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:55 pm

"These necromancers are they attacking you and the town for any apparent reason or just because?"
    Acedia
    Acedia
    Admin

Post by Acedia Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:58 pm

"They're not attacking anyone at the moment. It's just simply that they're at least people, which are easier to negotiate with than mindless undead or ghouls."
    Nvk
    Nvk

Post by Nvk Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:59 pm

"Would you like us to negotiate with these necromancers, or are you planning to do it yourself?"
    Rolan
    Rolan

Post by Rolan Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 pm

"Are there any notable dangers on this continent?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:04 am